Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Slow and not so steady: WIP Wednesday

Where did the week go?  And what happened to summer?  Earlier tonight it was rainy and horribly windy--it sounded like mid-October outside, and now the temperature has dropped significantly.  I'm hoping we'll still have some good weather, but at the moment it really seems as if Vancouver's short summer has already come to a close, a good two weeks earlier than usual.

The day job kept me much too busy this past week, so I didn't have nearly as much time for sewing as I would have liked.  I did manage to make a little progress on my heron quilt, by starting work on the upper left corner.  I hadn't done any paper piecing in years, but the technique seems made for free form flying geese.  I also thought the quilt would be monotonous if I stuck to blue fabrics, so I'm starting to throw in some flecks of red.  Here's this week's piecing:


And here's what the creative process looks like on my new design wall, combined with fabric chaos in the foreground:


I also had fun making a fabric bag for scrap storage, as part of my ongoing drive for organization.  It certainly beats the plastic shopping bags that I usually use:


Happy sewing, and may all of your WIPs bring you creative energy and enthusiasm!

6 comments:

  1. Love your free form geese! A great idea to paper piece them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curved flying geese are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red in with your flying geese, and that's a very attractive way to store your scraps! Fingers crossed the weekend will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the swooping of your flying geese. Will look forward to seeing how this project progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, now I know of another quilter in BC???

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful. Love the curved flying geese!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete