Friday, April 25, 2014

Oh, the procrastination!

When I showed off my shibori quilts at Monday's VMQG meeting, I proudly announced that I had worked on exactly zero of my UFOs for the guild's UFO challenge.  That's right: nada, none, zilch, zero!  I'm also not likely to make any progress next month either, because the guild handed out fabrics for the MQG Michael Miller Pinwheel Petals challenge.  Participants received fat eighths of these fun and lively fabrics:


(Yes, I already prewashed my fabrics, even though I keep hearing that it's unnecessary.  But I'm of a certain generation!)
How can I relegate myself to UFOs when new projects are calling?  The challenge allows the addition of solids, as well as any other Michael Miller prints.  With that in mind, I ran over to Spool of Thread and bought the following:

Yes, I prewashed these as well.  Can't break that habit!
I already have a definite plan in mind, and with any luck, I will report some progress for next week's WIP Wednesday.

In addition, I've also been avoiding UFOs by making kimono silk pouches for my Etsy shop.  I had a special order for five small pouches with extra length, and I made two medium-sized pouches for my regular listings:




I want to make three additional pouches this weekend, before kicking work on the challenge quilt into high gear.

Thanks goodness it's spring.  Happy sewing, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment